Seleccionar página

When it comes to writing, certain phrases and expressions can be overused or misused. One such phrase is “came to an agreement with.” While it may seem like a perfectly acceptable way to convey that two parties have reached a decision or settled a dispute, there are better and more concise ways to express this idea.

First, let`s break down the phrase “came to an agreement with.” The main problem with this expression is that it is wordy and can be redundant. The word “came” adds little to the sentence and can be replaced with more direct verbs such as “reached” or “made.” The preposition “to” is also unnecessary and can be replaced with “on” or “about.” Finally, “an agreement” can be replaced with more specific language that describes the nature of the agreement, such as “a settlement,” “a decision,” or “a compromise.”

So, what are some better ways to express the idea of two parties reaching an agreement or settling a dispute? Here are a few options:

1. “We settled the matter.”

This is a simple and direct way to convey that a dispute or disagreement has been resolved.

2. “We reached a compromise.”

This phrase specifically emphasizes that both parties have made concessions and come to a mutually acceptable solution.

3. “We agreed on the terms.”

This phrase is useful when referring to a specific agreement or contract, emphasizing that both parties have come to a clear understanding of what is expected.

4. “We resolved our differences.”

This expression is useful when referring to a more personal or emotional disagreement, emphasizing that both parties have put aside their grievances and found common ground.

In conclusion, while “came to an agreement with” may be a common phrase, it`s always a good idea to look for ways to simplify and clarify your writing. By using more specific language and direct verbs, you can communicate your ideas more effectively and make your writing more engaging and impactful.

0 item
Empty Cart
Abrir chat
Contáctenos directamente
Hola! ¿en qué podemos ayudarte?